Help us redesign Frannie the Fish!
(WESTERVILLE, OHIO — March 31, 2021) The Groundwater Foundation is announcing a contest to redesign our mascot, Frannie the Fish.
From now through May 7, we’re accepting original artwork submissions for a new look for Frannie the Fish.
Frannie the Fish has been a successful instrument for The Groundwater Foundation to promote groundwater awareness for years. Even good things should be refreshed to continue and enhance their effectiveness. We want you to participate in the goal of giving Frannie a new look, but one that still fosters communication of our mission. Any color, design, etc. is up to you. Have fun!
We encourage educators at any level and Groundwater Guardian teams to participate directly or through their classes and partners in this undertaking.
This is a great opportunity for end-of-the-school-year projects and activities relating to Earth Day.
Submissions will be sorted by these categories:
- Grades 3-6
- Grades 7-9
- Grades 10-12
- Groundwater Guardians team.
Designs can, but are not required to, reflect a current groundwater issue. To learn about potential threats to groundwater, click here.
A winner will be selected from each one of these audiences and each of these winners will be recognized. The new-and-improved Frannie the Fish will be then chosen from the winning entry in the four categories. The Groundwater Foundation will then create the graphics for print and digital media reflecting the essence of the winning entry. All entries must be submitted from a public or private educational institution or Groundwater Guardian team.
The winning design will be used for future promotional items, marketing materials, and/or blog posts for The Groundwater Foundation.
To enter the contest, follow the criteria below.
- All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 7, 2021.
- Entries must be submitted by a public or private educational institution or Groundwater Guardian team. No commercial or graphic artist enterprises, please.
- Entries should be accompanied by no more than one paragraph to describe why the submitters believe this image will help Frannie communicate groundwater awareness.
- Designs of Frannie can, but are not required to, reflect a current groundwater issue, but must follow the message of The Groundwater Foundation. For more information on current groundwater issues such as potential threats to groundwater, click here.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
The Groundwater Foundation is a nonprofit organization with a mission to connect people, businesses, and communities through local groundwater education and action, making us all part of the solution for clean, sustainable groundwater. Since its inception in 1985, the Foundation has offered various education and action opportunities for youth and adults.