Setting the Stage: Groundwater Guardian In Your Community
Groundwater Week Pre-Event and Groundwater Guardian Celebration
Monday, December 2, 2019 | Springs Preserve, Las Vegas
Agenda (Subject to Change)
1:30 – 1:45 p.m.
1:45 – 2:25 p.m.
PFAS AND YOUR COMMUNITY’S WATER: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Bill Alley, Director of Science, National Ground Water Association, Westerville, Ohio
2:30 – 3:10 p.m.
GROUNDWATER QUALITY AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Jeremy Michael, Environmental Supervisor, Mecklenburg County Groundwater and Wastewater Services, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Heather Ray, Environmental Health Specialist, Mecklenburg County Groundwater and Wastewater Services, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chris Barnett, Executive Director, Lawrence Community Development Corporation, Lawrence, Indiana
- Jason Doerflein, Hazardous Materials Specialist/Wellfield Protection Program Manager, Marion County Public Health Department, Indianapolis, Indiana
3:10 – 3:20 p.m.
3:20 – 3:55 p.m.
INNOVATIONS TO PROTECT COMMUNITY WATER SUPPLIES
- Andy Belanger, Director of Public Service, Southern Nevada Water Authority, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Representative, Orange County Water District, Fountain Valley, California
4:00 – 4:40 p.m.
COLLABORATIVELY PROTECTING GROUNDWATER THROUGH COMMUNITY EDUCATION
- Tim McLelland, Manager, Hamilton to New Baltimore Groundwater Consortium, Fairfield, Ohio
- Michelle Simmons, Environmental Manager, City of Dayton
4:45 – 5:30 p.m.
- Interactive round robin discussions with speakers and participants.
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
RECEPTION, LIVE AUCTION, AND MINI GROUNDWATER FESTIVAL
- Try fun, hands-on groundwater education activities while enjoying cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
- Support local groundwater protection and education efforts with an entertaining live auction and other donation opportunities
A free shuttle will run between the Westgate Hotel and Springs Preserve from 12:15 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.