Groundwater Guardian In Your Community: Groundwater Foundation Symposium at Groundwater Week
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 | Las Vegas Convention Center | Room N211/212
Scheduled Presentations (subject to change)
1:00 - 1:30 p.m.
OPENING REMARKS - Groundwater Foundation Staff
1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
GROUNDWATER QUALITY AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Jeremy Michael, Environmental Supervisor, Mecklenburg County Groundwater and Wastewater Services, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Heather Ray, Environmental Health Specialist, Mecklenburg County Groundwater and Wastewater Services, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chris Barnett, Executive Director, Lawrence Community Development Corporation, Lawrence, Indiana
- Jason Doerflein, Hazardous Materials Specialist/Wellfield Protection Program Manager, Marion County Public Health Department, Indianapolis, Indiana
2:30 - 3:15 p.m.
INNOVATIONS TO PROTECT COMMUNITY WATER SUPPLIES
- Andy Belanger, Director of Public Service, Southern Nevada Water Authority, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Adam Hutchinson, Recharge Planning Manager, Orange County Water District, Fountain Valley, California
3:15 - 3:50 p.m.
COLLABORATIVELY PROTECTING GROUNDWATER THROUGH COMMUNITY EDUCATION
- Kimberly Starkey, Co-Chair, Casper Aquifer Protect Network, Laramie, Wyoming
- Michele Simmons, Environmental Manager, City of Dayton
3:50 - 4:00 p.m.
WHAT'S NEXT? - Groundwater Foundation Staff
Current as of 11/27/2019, subject to change